Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mop Bucket View Post
    Issues are solved!

Fired up the bike and shazam all cylinders are firing. Just need to tune it a little and I should be able to ride it… after I put everything else back together.
    I love the smell of enthusiasm in the morning!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Root cuase, spiders?

Getting paint in my carbs hasn't been sitting right with me on the cause of my carb issues. I swaped the gas line to clear tubing so I could make sure everything is flowing. This morning I was cleaning up and found the old gas line. I noticed something in the tube, spider webs. The thing was clogged with web. This is probably what cuased my needle clogs, explains the white junk. Some stupid spider might be jamed in my carbs also. I did clean them for 24 hours each but will that disolve spider? Stupid spiders.

Comment

update

Wow, many more problems, but because of this site and the helpful members I am back on the road and lovin it.

I continued to have performance issues and so I tried many things. Found a new problem. The bike wouldn't go past 5000 rpms. So to fix the issues I did the following.

1. Synched the carbs. Bought a carbtune and synched the carbs(didn't help but made the me feel better, plus my bro in law needs his synched)
        2. Removed spider gunk. Stripped carbs and dipped again, followed guide exactly, blew air and water down pathways. This fixed the poor cylinder firing.
        3. Tuned the engine by using the highest rpm method with aux tank. Ran better and is closer to the settings when it did run great.
        4. Replaced the aftermarket petcock with a new one. The tap was only 1 year old and had 500 miles on it. It wouldn't flow on prime. This fixed my 5000 rpm limit. I am a little worried I might have tank issues since a practically new petcock stopped working so fast.

Super happy with the performance now and crossing fingers I will be trouble free for years to come.

Comment

Well, you did find the bike in a horse barn and it probably got there for a variety of reasons. You are doing great- nice persistence at solving problems.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X