gs750 1977 Exhaust header seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750 1977 Exhaust header seals

After removing a exhaust header pipe, i have a 5" tubing which slides to the end of the flared pipe header, they are sold on ebay as "exhaust" seals", not sure what job they do, should they be coated with any sealent before fitting the exhaust?

Not clear what you're on about. Have a look at the parts diagram in the link below and let us know the part number / diagram number.

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Ive looked at parts diagrams and they dont show the small tubing i have around the end of the header pipe, it looks like the connector muffler in the diagram below but but is held in the port by the finned exhaust clamp, i suspect its there to widen the pipe as its a 4 into 1 which apperas to be somewhat customized.

Comment

Originally posted by ybot1966 View Post
        Ive looked at parts diagrams and they dont show the small tubing i have around the end of the header pipe, it looks like the connector muffler in the diagram below but but is held in the port by the finned exhaust clamp, i suspect its there to widen the pipe as its a 4 into 1 which apperas to be somewhat customized.
        If what I think they are it slides along the header tube up into the head port to hold the pipe in the head..no sealant on those its just a clamp that holds the pipe into the head.

DDM

PS: a quick photo would be great to help clarify what it is too.

Comment

Working...
        X