83 GS750ES Air box....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS750ES Air box....

I just got a stock airbox to put on my Zuk, and had some issues with the installation of the factory stuff. So I checked out the SEARCH feature and found an answer....Do you REALLY have to lower OR remove the engine to install the airbox in these bikes?? SUZUKI, Are you crazy???

Anyone know any short cuts on this one, I'd LOVE to hear it. Thanks again!!
    Last edited by Guest; 09-07-2011, 11:42 PM.

Surprise!!!!!Tell everyone who asks about the airbox.Rkt-Rch says he got it in by undoing all the engine bolts and shimmying it in.Forgot to put it in when I put the engine in the frame the first time.Pulled the engine out and put the box in.Was way harder to even put the engine in with it there.PITA design

Comment

I think once it is "in" the frame , you can remove the battery and slide it rearward, to install the carb's in the boots on the heads, and then slide the airbox forward onto the carbs. Simple, except you cannot get the box in the frame unless the head OR the engine is out.

Comment

My frame was bare when I did it.No battery box,nothing but the engine and the air box.Nothing easy about getting this thing in.

Comment

It's a PITA but no you don't have to move/remove the motor.
          New airbox boots help a bunch.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If you say so

Comment

I have not tried to remove the boots from the air box itself..I thought about splitting in the center and resealing once it is in the frame, but that may be another problem to deal with.

Comment

Now that you mention it , when I stripped the bike that the airbox came out of ,I took it out after removing the motor. I forgot about that.
                1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
                X