Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS1000 Petcock options

Hello:

I have a trick race bike (street legal now) that has a lot of after market items and upgrades making it very far from stock.

The petcock is no longer vacume actuated and gas is jsut dumping into the bike.

Is there a gravity petcock having three simple off/reserve/on options I could buy somewhere?

Why not get a stock petcock?
    BTW, that is one GORGEOUS bike!!!

Daniel

Comment

Thanks, its a real stunner and gets a lot of attention. I even have vintage shots of it racing on the old Westwood track. The bike was donated to us and we made her street legal and sold it to my neigboor and gave the profits to missionaries- that's what we do at MISSIONmoto.org.

So, why not an original petcock? He wants to have a reserve function and an off function. I'm hesitant to go into the carbs to check the float needle seal and the float height (since I don't have the specs on these carbs) since the issue is gas going everywhere and the owner would rather have a quick option to turn the gas completely off.

I'm thinking about just cutting in an inline fuel shut of valve to get him down the road the rest of our Seattle summer.

Let me know if you want to see more pics

Comment

Check out Pingle

We Pass more Gas! Pingel Enterprise has long been known for our fuel valves, also known as petcocks. This product is one of the first motorycle parts from Pingel manufacturing. Our valves set the standard for quality and high flow with substantially higher fuel flow than any other fuel valve made for motorcycles.

Comment

There are other options too. www.z1enterprises.com is a good source...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
          X