Made a baffle today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a baffle today

Turns out the PO took out the baffle. Kerker Megaphone. It was nearly a straight header except for the cone at the end. Almost zero back presure, thus I believe the gurrgleing sound at 1/8- 1/4 throttle. $120 + for a baffle from kerker. I decided to make one and it worked out pretty good. I used a 1/2"-1/4" reducer copper fitting to match the cone and instead of spending 65.00 for a stick of 1 1/2 copper found some fence post that would fit nicely. It is galv. & I do know how copper and Galv. react. I then drilled 3/16 holes, "pressure" fit it into the fitting and everything sounds/ works great.

Originally posted by oldschoolgs1100e View Post
    Turns out the PO took out the baffle. Kerker Megaphone. It was nearly a straight header except for the cone at the end. Almost zero back presure, thus I believe the gurrgleing sound at 1/8- 1/4 throttle. $120 + for a baffle from kerker. I decided to make one and it worked out pretty good. I used a 1/2"-1/4" reducer copper fitting to match the cone and instead of spending 65.00 for a stick of 1 1/2 copper found some fence post that would fit nicely. It is galv. & I do know how copper and Galv. react. I then drilled 3/16 holes, "pressure" fit it into the fitting and everything sounds/ works great.
    Well done. Any pics of the finished product? is the gurgling sound gone then?
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Pic's and sound bites?

Daniel

Comment

Working...
      X