Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSXR 1100 carbs, where do these hoses go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR 1100 carbs, where do these hoses go?

I picked up a set of GSXR 1100 40mm carbs like the ones pictured.
    The two hoses at the back are connected to the underside of the slide diaphrams. Usually with cv carbs there is a part of the inlet that allows incoming air to help push the slide up along with vacuum.
    But I cannot figure out what the hoses would connect to that would help pull the slides up. I tried looking at microfiche, but these are Canadian/UK carbs and I cant find these on any of the fiche I looked at.

isn t the vacuum supposed to come from the petcock?

I am not expert at all, a big newbie in fact, but i think you need a vacuum operated petcock for these.

you should have fuel and vacuum connected to the petcock,
    vacuum should be, i think next to carb #2, and fuel beetween two other carbs.
    and the two hoses on each extremity usually are the vent ones.

but wait for someone with real knowledge to come by! cos i do not know the gsxr carb system yet.
    (and only in theory for the rest lol!)

i would like to be able to help more!
    Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

A fuel hose "Tee" feeds those two hoses to the petcock. Bottom of the letter T goes to the petcock.
      I have some 36mm gixxer carbs, but I'm running a Pingel with no vacuum port. Are you planning to use a stock petcock with those huge carbs?
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

The lower center hose is the fuel inlet,the two near the caps are bowl vents don't need to do anything with those. It you use them with pods I would recommended a dynajet kit stage three.
        sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
        1994 gsxr1100w
        1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

After looking a the pic I see those have two fuel inlets. The vent hoses just take em off and turn them down should work fine
          sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
          1994 gsxr1100w
          1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

If you look closely, there are 2 bowl vents(with hoses), 2 fuel inlets, and then there are 2 more that connect to the underside of the slide diaphrams.
            I have searched all day and they seem to just connect to what they call a diaphram slide air filter.
            I was thinking of maybe using these, but they are too big. I am going to clean them up and sell them.
            Found a few gsxr-1100 service manuals and microfiche in my searches.

Comment

In this pic you can see the four tubes on the top, two to under the diaphram, and two smaller bowl vents.

Comment

So, I checked and these carbs fit my intake boots and my pods fit on them.
                So, for s&g I think I might try running these, just wondering what size main jet to run

Comment

Working...
                X