Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS1150 Idling very rough, carb rebuild time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    BTW, the bike won't run for crap without the airbox unless you rejet the carbs. Same story for adding pods.
    see post 12

Originally posted by asbjones View Post
    it ran great about a year ago, I have a pipe and pods on it and was like that when I got it, first thing I did when I got it was pop the carbs off to check them out and they were clean, then it kinda just starting running crappy at idle and chokeing up on the get go

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
      The bigger line(5/16?) is the fuel. The smaller line ( on the back-- as in the opposite side as the res-pri-on switch) is the vacuum line.
      thats what I thought but my book is a little confusing, cool, so I got a filter on there correctly, gonna button it up possibly today but I have to tighten the clutch hub nut cause after I did my clutch cause it rattles bad...I sure miss riding my 1150!

Comment

Did you rejet for the pods???
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

You said you had the carbs apart. Did you sync them? Out of sync carbs can make the bike run like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
            Did you rejet for the pods???
            in older posts I wrote up a paragraph on the bike, it had a header and pods and pretty sure a jet kit when I got it as it ran great(and always has till a few months ago when I parked it), theres a video link of a run I took at Laguna seca(2 years in a row on this bike)...

Im pretty sure my problem was some very fine rust in the tank clogged the jets, carbs are clean and new fuel filter installed, gonna run it soon and see how it goes, Ill coat the tank when I get a chance...and my friend has the color tune to run on it as well...

Comment

Working...
            X