Giant noob here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You asked, I answered.

Try to think of it more as a summary line. You'll lose less sleep that way, Steve. :-)

Comment

yeah get new boots. i was so frustrated with installing my carbs and airbox, that i resigned to getting pods. afterwalking away from it, and reading some posts, i took another stab and got it all back on. every millimeter of clearance helps. re routed my wiring harness (this was a refurb) and had to loosen the rear master cylinder (this is on an 1100). use grease and patience.

Comment

TL;DR;ROTFLMAO, etc., etc, yay!!!!!!
        All good answers given to your predicament GiantNOOB, (oops, I meant Ge30), read, understand, heed the advice given and be well, do good work, eat lutefisk, and over all, be happy, grasshopper....

Comment

Two things.
          I recommend saturating the boots with protectant such as Armor all to help make them supple again/ ease installation and as Dan said eat lutefisk.

Daniel

Comment

Thanks for all the info, all. To confirm, the bike is a 1980 GS550L. I'm waiting for my paycheck and am going to get new boots all around. I still can't get the airbox off, which is miserable.

After doing some hard thinking, I may have to sell this bike. It's pretty big and scary and my feet hardly touch the ground when I'm on it so I am looking into a smaller bike. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to use for tank cleanup? I've heard Kreem is the wa to go but I'd like ya'll's input too. Thanks for all the help, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Ge30 View Post
              Thanks for all the info, all. To confirm, the bike is a 1980 GS550L. I'm waiting for my paycheck and am going to get new boots all around. I still can't get the airbox off, which is miserable.

After doing some hard thinking, I may have to sell this bike. It's pretty big and scary and my feet hardly touch the ground when I'm on it so I am looking into a smaller bike. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to use for tank cleanup? I've heard Kreem is the wa to go but I'd like ya'll's input too. Thanks for all the help, guys!
              Kreem has ruined more gas tanks than any other product.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Kreem has ruined more gas tanks than any other product.
                thats disturbing. i just kreemed my tank and after getting into it, it didnt really look all that rusty.

Comment

Working...
                X