my bike runs like poo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blake View Post
    so i think i know where my major oil leak is coming from.

the oil filter cover/area just like someone told me to check when i first joined the site. i just didnt pay attention to it... (sorry) woulda saved me a lot of frustration...

but anyway, hopefully i'll find sometime to get out there and do some work soon.

Could just be a pinched or badly positioned O ring under the filter cover.
    That's not a biggie, just don't lose too much oil before you fix it.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
      Could just be a pinched or badly positioned O ring under the filter cover.
      That's not a biggie, just don't lose too much oil before you fix it.
      dont lose too much oil.. yeah... about that, errmm i'm pretty sure all of it has come out onto the plywood i've got it parked over. but i havent been riding it since i discovered the puddle.

but it'll probably be this weekend when i do it. so i'll post up about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake View Post
        so i think i know where my major oil leak is coming from.

the oil filter cover/area
        Check if the threads on one or more of the 3 studs is stripped so that the nut cannot be tightened down enough. There is quite a strong spring between the oil filter and the oil filter cover, which will push the cover away from the casing, allowing the oil to leak, if the nuts do not hold the cover on properly. If one or more studs has stripped, replace all 3 with Suzuki OEM studs and new "acorn" nuts. Also replace the large rubber O-ring around the outside of the oil filter cover.
        1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Working...
        X