GS650G vent hose size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650G vent hose size

I need to replace my carb vent hoses because the old ones are as hard as rocks, but I'm not sure of the correct size. Mr. Basscliff's hose routing document says that the vent hoses on a GS850 are 5mm, which should be the same as mine according to Babbit's online. However the Suzuki part is described as Protector (6x10x600) which suggests a 6mm ID and 10mm OD. Can anyone confirm the correct size for a GS650G? Measuring the old hose was inconclusive because what isn't as hard as a rock is swollen.

I will visit the local auto parts joint and buy some different sizes, but they don't usually carry metric sizes. Ordering OEM hose on line could take a while because Canada Customs likes to age packages for a week or two before delivery.

Thanks.

Jim
    1981 GS550T (Long gone)
    1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

The parts fiche says it's 6 mm, so a 1/4" hose won't be too far off.

Personally, I think waiting just a week for the proper part would be worth it.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The hoses on my 82 650g are 6mm ID, and OD is 12mm.

I just replaced mine with hydraulic hose from NAPA.

I believe the stock hoses were like 10mm OD though....

Any hose should be fine, as long as it's close enough.....not a big deal

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll try 6mm or 1/4". As for delivery times from the US, my wait time starts off the same as yours. The extra week or two (or more) is for Canada Post to store the package at the local mail smashing facility and Canada Customs to figure out how much to tax me.

Jim
        1981 GS550T (Long gone)
        1983 GS650G (Rolling rebuild is now a full rebuild.)

Comment

Working...
        X