Tip of fuel mixture screw broke off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Well, drat. It looks like the "rebuild kits" they sell for your bike contain the mixture screws.

<<Clickable.

Not a bad price for a kit, $22.30 each. You'll need four, of course. It's an option to consider.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Paul's Zuki View Post
      Why does the manual say not to disturb this scew, yet I've seen so many thread on the tips getting broken and jammed in there. Also it says that it cannot be calibrated in the field? what's all that about? also, any other ideas?
      Due to EPA emissions restrictions, these were set at the factory (quite lean) and capped. The consumer was not supposed to mess with them as they were set at the factory to comply with emissions standards at the time. But in order to get the engine to run better it is necessary to adjust these properly. So we yank off the caps and adjust away. Some people screw them in too tightly and break the tips.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
        Hi,

Due to EPA emissions restrictions, these were set at the factory (quite lean) and capped. The consumer was not supposed to mess with them as they were set at the factory to comply with emissions standards at the time. But in order to get the engine to run better it is necessary to adjust these properly. So we yank off the caps and adjust away. Some people screw them in too tightly and break the tips.

BassCliff

Makes sense. and I don't see the part I'm looking for in the image. I will try harder to look. Damn, always something with this bike

Comment

I think i found some off ebay. the whole shebang though, but doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
          X