Petcock replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petcock replacement

Has any one found a suitable replacement for the vacuum petcock on the gs 450? I wonder if any of the older suzuki units will fit? (without the vacuum mechanism) thanks, john

You might call Z1Enterprises for a Pingel.
    Personally, I cannot fathom why anyone would want to remove the vacuum line. I have had several bikes without it and missteps could make the carbs leak. When I finally got my 67 T200 that had one, I thought it was the bees knees and I still do. JMHO.
    And if you want a genuine Suzuki unit w/o the vacuum you either need to look at very early 60's units or dirt bike units. AFAIK, Suzuki invented the technology.

Comment

Just rebuild it with the kit from Z1. It's really really easy, and it is so much more user friendly to have a vacuum petcock then not.

Comment

I have 6 bikes in the garage and the Suzuki is the only one with the vacuum petcock and the only one that leaks. None of my other bikes with non vacuum petcocks leak or have issues. I would rather a standard petcock but to keep it proper I am going to rebuild the vacuum one. I don't like them though.

Comment

Working...
        X