Which hole does the throttle cable go in. Handlebar swap issue's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which hole does the throttle cable go in. Handlebar swap issue's

I've got my stuff tore apart putting on Superbike bars. When I fired it up, the rpm's shot to 7,000. I don't know if I have the cable in the wrong hole, or I need a shorter cable. I did re-route it. If I take everything loose, it's fine. But as soon as I mount the throttle back on the bars, the rpm's go crazy. I think I need the shorter cable, but I'm still lost on which hole it goes in.

You shouldn't need a shorter cable to make this work. You would only need one for better routing between the grip and the carbs. Try the hole on top in the photo you posted. You should be able to feel a little slack at idle when you have the correct hole.

You'll need to readjust the cable at the carbs either way. With the handlebars all the way to the right (tightest bend of the installed cable), adjust the cable to almost eliminate slack. If you don't have a little slack with the bars to the right, the engine will rev when turning right in parking lots.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I swapped to daytona bar recently and the same thing happened. I just switched holes and didn't have to adjust anything.

Comment

Well I got it fixed. It was the cable that needed adjusted. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X