No announcement yet.

GS850 need help with jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - I got a couple hundred excellent miles out of the bike, and now it's starting to act up again. It's surging and acting like it's running out of fuel. I've shortened the fuel line a bit, as there was a persistent bubble at the top point where the line starts to run down into the carbs.

Symptoms are that it starts and runs fine at idle, it gets up to speed and surges at cruise, then when I throttle up, it bogs for a second and then takes off. It gets progressively worse the more miles I go, then eventually gets to where it doesn't want to run at all. No power, bogging on throttle, and reduced speed. When I pull over and stop, it dies and doesn't want to restart. I'm thinking it's fueling at this point. Perhaps a clogged fuel line or valve? At this point, it's so late in the year I'll probably park it and pull the whole fuel system back apart for inspection. Incidentally, the exhaust on the left side is leaking pretty good. You can hear it now and feel the leak under the footpeg.

Comment

Hi,

My first thoughts are air leaks in the intake system, faulty petcock, leaky vacuum hose.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X