Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove the Carb Throttle and Choke cables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My manual has one sentence, After you have loosened the locknuts securing the cable tension, remove the cables....

Yea um.... HOW! LOL I don't get it. Everything else is going good. I don't remember how I got those off of the carbs, looks like they are pinched in there.

I had to ask some one last time but I don't remember what the secret was. Im sure its simple. I am stuck.

Thanks

GS450L with 2 carb chambers.

Hold the throttle wide open and remove the barrel shaped thing on the end of the cable from the cable guide {dont know what you call it }. Put it back on the same way BEFORE you put the carbs back on. This assuming they are the same as the 4 cyls, if not I cant help you

Comment

Oh I got it... The choke cable required some disassembly but the throttle cable was exactly as described, It was easier to move the carbs out off to the side to take a better look at them... I just had a moment there for a bit remembering what I did. Also how do you remove seals that are so old and brittle that pieces flake off but some of the other rubber pieces are "glued" to the metal surface?

Answer: some sand paper, and a Dremel tool cleaned it right up. YEA Tensioner gasket is replaced. Time to take the top end off and check everything out under there. Will measure shims tomorrow and need to add intake boots from the carbs to the list, they are cracked a bit. Also the boots to the air box. One is terrible the other is OK but cheap enough to fix while we have this taken down this far.

She is a nice bike.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X