Wired George...Beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wired George...Beware

I have read a few things about him here, only after my ordeal with him.
    To sum it up quickly, I bought what I thought was going to be a fully reconditioned set of Mikuni Carbs for my 80 1100E, and after nearly 6 months, I finally received them put them on the bike, they did not work. I contacted him and he thought the wrong jets might have been put on, he wanted me to tear them down, check the main jets, tell him what size they were and then let him know. I did, he said they were the right ones, there must be something wrong with my bike elsewhere. I let a local mechanic take a look at them and after making sure everything was 'right' (compression, fuel flow, valves, etc) he put them on and balanced them. They still weren't right, no power, choke didn't seem to make any difference. He tore the carbs down again, and really inspected them carefully and found they were not actually Mikuni, they were different from each other (a hole inside the carb body was not there on 3 of them, where the serial number should have been was sanded off. So suffice to say, he said no matter what we did to them, they were not going to run right.
    BEWARE wgcarbs.com!!!
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Past:73' CL360, 74' CB450, 80' GS550,
    83' CB550SC, 78' CX500, 81' GL1100,
    85' GL1200LTD, 85' Honda Rebel
    84' GS1150, 92' GSX 1100G
    Current:
    80' GS1100E,,
    81 Yamaha XS1100,
    01' Bandit 1200
    sigpic

The military discount is especially endearing and dubious.

Comment

They have serial numbers on em??
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

He used to come on this site.
        We kinda ran him off
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

They should have parts numbers.
          I like his bible quote link. Fricking pharisee

Comment

Although his reputation on this site is more than somewhat tarnished, it seems like some Internet protection against fraud issue might apply here.
            I shied away from him back in 2004, I was not at all comfortable with the answers he sent me when I asked some questions.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
              Although his reputation on this site is more than somewhat tarnished, it seems like some Internet protection against fraud issue might apply here.
              I shied away from him back in 2004, I was not at all comfortable with the answers he sent me when I asked some questions.
              He said he could vacuum synch your carbs without them being on your bike.
              Keith had a fit!!
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                Keith had a fit!!
                He's an idiot. Yes technically you could sync a set of carbs with some sort of vacuum, but not to your bike so that's pointless.
                He's also professed he can set up a set of carbs for pods and a pipe perfectly without having the bike there. Lies.

Steer clear of him. With the work you put in checking his work for him you could have done them yourself and had them done right.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  Keith had a fit!!
                  In different words, but yeah. He basically told me the only bike he could bike synch was a KZ1000, which did me absolutely no good whatsoever. And he wanted full price for any work, even if all I wanted was a jetting change. Balderdash.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    In different words, but yeah. He basically told me the only bike he could bike synch was a KZ1000, which did me absolutely no good whatsoever. And he wanted full price for any work, even if all I wanted was a jetting change. Balderdash.
                    Did you just use the word balderdash?? Cmon George.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                      Did you just use the word balderdash??
                      Balderdash?
                      Yeah, I guess that applies to this clownie.
                      He synchs them to my bike, from afar. Distance synching, I presume.
                      Maybe he uses fairy dust or some other highly technical or magical technique to get the jetting correct on my engine, without even knowing what elevation I usually ride at.
                      Are they synched before or after I adjust my valves?
                      Balderdash.
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                        Balderdash?
                        Yeah, I guess that applies to this clownie.
                        He synchs them to my bike, from afar. Distance synching, I presume.
                        Maybe he uses fairy dust or some other highly technical or magical technique to get the jetting correct on my engine, without even knowing what elevation I usually ride at.
                        Are they synched before or after I adjust my valves?
                        Balderdash.
                        Tom, I'm not sure whether I would class your comments as sarcasm or good sense of humor. But either way I love what you've got to say.

Comment

Before i knew one thing about ANY motorcycle, or how to wrench on one, I had gotten the 77 750 and sent the carbs to him on the advice of someone i met at a local bike night. It ran and "seemed" ok until i got the 78 750E and Rustybronco so graciously taught me how to rebuid the carbs. The 78 ran twice as good as the 77 and i attributed this to them being different bikes and years. Well after seeing a lot of carb threads and then beginning to question the carbs setup in the 77 I took a look inside as the respondents suggested and sure enough there was wrong size mains and polot jets in the 77 and Dale had the 78 carbs right. I got the ones that were pointed out to me for the 77 and it was like throwing nitrous in her the way she then ran. So your not the first nor the last that has been duped...
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Chef1366 has rebuilt a lot of carbs for people & does them right...
                            1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Balderdash

Definition #1

Comment

Working...
                              X