Mac Exhaust cross compatibility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Exhaust cross compatibility.

I know MAC isn't widely liked on this forum, but AFAIK, MAC is the only company that makes a 4 into 1 for my bike.

That being said, when I look at the 4 into 1 for my bike, I see that it says it will fit an 1100 as well.

Now, I do not want chrome, nor do I want a megaphone muffler. What I do want is flat black and a shorty canister muffler...which they happen to make for an 1100...

It doesn't say it will fit a 650.

Does anyone know why a 650 kit will fit an 1100 but not the other way around? If it is simply a mounting issue for the muffler/collector area, I can for sure fix that with a welder. Will all the flanges meet up on the block between a 650 and an 1100??

No one has any input?

Comment

Originally posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
      No one has any input?
      I suggest calling Mac.
      82 GS1100E
      five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
      Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

I've called them and they can't tell me why one fits and the other doesn't.

Comment

I've called them and they can't tell me why one fits and the other doesn't.
          Hmmm, I don't know why people on here don't care for Mac. I wonder if this has anything to do with it! <Sarcasm>

Where did you find it for sale, maybe you could call them and possibly get a helpful sales person to visually look for you?

<edit> I looked at your original post again and it looks like you went directly to mac. Have you tried calling a place like denniskirk.com, they sell Mac? <edit>

-Dave
          Last edited by 5azzmonkey; 10-12-2011, 11:26 AM.
          82 GS1100E
          five asses because it's far superior to having just four!
          Yes, I watched too much South Park!

Comment

From what other members have reported, Mac exhausts should rust equally on any bike...

Comment

1100 and 650 has different bore centers.
              they DO NOT INTERCHANGE.

Comment

Here's a pic of my MAC system.

I painted the chrome parts to blend with the rest of the bike.

As far as fit goes, it bolted on well. I treated it to hi-temp paint and have no rust problems in the last four years

Comment

I'm interested as if MAC was able to give you a black 4-1 with the shorty, as I'd love one on my 650. Any updates?

Comment

I know MAC isn't widely liked on this forum, but AFAIK, MAC is the only company that makes a 4 into 1 for my bike.

That being said, when I look at the 4 into 1 for my bike, I see that it says it will fit an 1100 as well.

Now, I do not want chrome, nor do I want a megaphone muffler. What I do want is flat black and a shorty canister muffler...which they happen to make for an 1100...

It doesn't say it will fit a 650.

Does anyone know why a 650 kit will fit an 1100 but not the other way around? If it is simply a mounting issue for the muffler/collector area, I can for sure fix that with a welder. Will all the flanges meet up on the block between a 650 and an 1100??
                    You can buy the exhaust for a 550 and have some spacers milled so the headers don't slop around in the ports. I'm not sure what size spacer you'd need because the Mac setup may have a different OD than the stock pipes but I successfully installed a 4-1 for a 550 on my 650GL with 40mm OD, 37mm ID, 18mm long spacers made from mild steel.
                    Here's a thread describing affixing the 550 header to the 650 head:

Comment

Originally posted by Mercaholic View Post
                      Here's a pic of my MAC system.

I painted the chrome parts to blend with the rest of the bike.

As far as fit goes, it bolted on well. I treated it to hi-temp paint and have no rust problems in the last four years
                      How does it sound?

Comment

Working...
                      X