Gs750 air box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs750 air box

Hey, I just picked up a 80 gs750e. The back of the air box, the half that holds the air filter is missing. Can I just hook up a k&n or would I have to re-jet?

Hi,

Yes, you would have to rejet. The easiest, most cost effective solution would be to find a used airbox in the Parts Wanted section or on Ebay.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have been looking and found quite a few front halves, but no rear sections, can you do me a favor and let me know if this is it?

Last edited by Guest; 10-13-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

That is the rear section. There is a rubber part that fits between the front section and the back. It has two clamps. You also need a lid for that box. Duct tape can be used in a pinch. The lid is no longer available from Suzuki. I made one out of ABS plastic and sealed it with double-sided foam tape.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
          That is the rear section. There is a rubber part that fits between the front section and the back. It has two clamps. You also need a lid for that box.
          Duct tape can be used in a pinch. The lid is no longer available from Suzuki. I made one out of ABS plastic and sealed it with double-sided foam tape.
          This:

This set is currently being used in one of my bikes but could be for sale.
          Including the K & N factory replacement filter.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
          X