No announcement yet.

Drilling out Easy Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the (EDM) I think those heads will be coming off.I would start reading the manual.
    81 gs 1100 E One owner,Me.

Comment

EDM. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. MACHINE TOOLS AND MACHINING.SME. Society of manufacturing engineeringUET LAHORE. UNIVERSITY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, LAHORE.

Comment

Originally posted by LoopGaroo View Post
        I guess there's a shop nearby that charges $25 for Electronically disintegrating the bolt. That is awesome. I'm kinda sad because that's half the price of the left hand bit set i bought... not to mention the p.o.s. easy-out
        Can you tell me which shop this is?

Comment

Only thing that comes out easy with them is your money from your wallet.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

dont know how much non-easy-out material u have to work with but u might try using a small drill bit like 1/16th and drilling alon side the broken easy-out. get a pick and start prying up and in the clockwise position. I had a similar problem with a broken e.o. in the air screw hole on the carb.be patient. if you end up breaking drill bits too then yes youll have to take it to a machine shop. they might be able to do it on the bike.

Comment

might as well get a valve job

Comment

Originally posted by MadCapsule View Post
                Can you tell me which shop this is?
                Witt Disintegrating, Addison, IL

Comment

I ended up spending 2.5 hours last night dremeling the bolt out with diamond tips jeweler tools. They worked well when i kept a steady stream of water flowing over the bolt.

Comment

Working...
                  X