Intake Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Boots

First things last I am new to the site and have enjoyed scouring through the site over the past couple or days. I wish i would have found it a year ago when this project began. I have already found a lot of great info. I was wondering if someone knew a good place to buy intake boots for my '82 GS1100GL. I have looked through the site but couldn't find much. I normally use Bikebandit or Sudco. Bikebandit has them but they are 32$ EA. If any one had any ideas or knew where I could find some decent used ones I would greatly appreciate it.

I just bought some for mine from G&S Suzuki for $102 shipped.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

That seems to be a good website. It's menu is a lot like Bikebandit's but the prices are better. When you ordered these did they come with new o-rings or would I have get them also?

Comment

I haven't opened my package yet but you'll want to order new ones. I think www.cycleorings.com (Rob Barr is a member here and owner of the site) will have them.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Basketcase2156,

You'll find a fairly extensive vendor list below in your "mega-welcome". I've found that Partshark, Z1, and G&S Suzuki generally have the lowest prices. But shop around a little and consider taxes and shipping in the total cost.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS850G lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed. I will put you on my prayer list.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thank you for the "MEGA-WELCOME"! There is a world of information on these pages. I have learned more in the past three days than in the last year of rebuilding my bike. I found her litterally in boxes all over a friends garage. That's why she's called Basketcase. I was told I could have her if I thought she would run. Well, a year later and about 900$ in she runs like the dickens. She had 3600 original miles now she's at 5100. 1200 of that in the past month. She still has far to go but it's one step at a time. Currently it's the floating idle that's got me.

If anyone was wondering this is what she looks like today. I'm going for Hod Rod with a hint of Rat. Thanks again and I'm sure I will be on here with many more questions in the future.

Comment

Can't beat these guys for parts I have found, here is a link.

Comment

Working...
              X