GS 1100 E airbox fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100 E airbox fit?

I have found an air box for a 1983 GS 1100 E and am wondering if anyone can tell me if it will fit my 1980 1100 E.
    I am trying to go back to stock carbs and box instead of the 36 mm flat slides and pods that are on the bike now.

If someone has a set of carbs and an air box set up for my bike and would like to trade I am open to a deal. They would have to be bolt on and go condition. (mine are)
    The flat slides on my bike are turn key and work perfectly. I treat the fuel with Marvel, a bit of dry gas, and long term ratio of Stabil every winter and they are not "green" in any way. The bike starts with a touch of the button every spring. They just are a bit to much for a stock engine at low RPM levels. Such as when traveling in "parade speed" stop and go traffic. The bike just runs real flat at low rpm. (under 3000 RPM) I assume due to the larger bore of the carbs. And it's not helped by my tall gearing.

Originally posted by JohnT View Post
    I have found an air box for a 1983 GS 1100 E and am wondering if anyone can tell me if it will fit my 1980 1100 E.
    I am trying to go back to stock carbs and box instead of the 36 mm flat slides and pods that are on the bike now.

If someone has a set of carbs and an air box set up for my bike and would like to trade I am open to a deal. They would have to be bolt on and go condition. (mine are)
    The flat slides on my bike are turn key and work perfectly. I treat the fuel with Marvel, a bit of dry gas, and long term ratio of Stabil every winter and they are not "green" in any way. The bike starts with a touch of the button every spring. They just are a bit to much for a stock engine at low RPM levels. Such as when traveling in "parade speed" stop and go traffic. The bike just runs real flat at low rpm. (under 3000 RPM) I assume due to the larger bore of the carbs. And it's not helped by my tall gearing.
    I have a stock carb and airbox set-up from both a 1980 1100E and also from a 1983 GS1100E... and will trade with you.
    PM sent.

Normand
    2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
    1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
    2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
    s)

Comment

Working...
    X