carb recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb recognition

hi, can anyone identify these carbs, i believe they are from a 1200 bandit but i need to be more exact so i can order the correct parts to refurb them. thanks

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

ok found out now, thanks anyway
    1978 GS1085.

Comment

You asked for identification, I was going to guess Bill, Fred, George and Tom.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

haha id numbers on the carbs are 10C40 K941
        now is there any really smart guys out there that can id these carbs?
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

They look like the carbs off of my '92 GSX1100G:

Daniel

Comment

that sure looks the same, thanks Daniel. would you happen to know the float heights and mixture screw settings please?
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

I am forgetting the float height.
              According the the factory parts fiche, the air screw should be 1 and 3/8 turn out, 1 and 1/2 turn out or 1 and 3/4 turn out depending on application.
              Mine are extremely touchy! And difficult to reach.
              I have the Motion Pro tool and it does not work for these. The screws are in too deep.
              I am at 1 and a half turns out.

Daniel

Comment

cheers Daniel, the rack i have have a manual choke knob, not a cable. would that make a difference to the bike model they were fitted to?
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                  cheers Daniel, the rack i have have a manual choke knob, not a cable. would that make a difference to the bike model they were fitted to?
                  Probably. More than likely those are a set of universal application carbs.
                  On the various 34CV carbs that I have mixed parts on, I prefer to use the side mounted choke on the carbs.
                  Otherwise you have to have/mount the correct cable and/or switchgear to match the carbs.
                  On my Goldy project, the choke cable originally went through the steering stem.
                  I changed the front forks to '83 1100E ones that did not allow for the cable to go through the center using the handlebar cover and made a mount on the side of the speedometer.
                  It was either that or change the left switchgear to the 1100E one with the choke under the switch, that cable and the choke linkage from those carbs.
                  What are you using those carbs on? The GS1000?

Daniel

Comment

they are not for my bike, i am rebuilding them for a friend.he just wants them perfect so i want to replace all orings gaskets etc and make sure they are set up as best i can before being refitted. guess it might need a few tweeks once the bike is running again
                    1978 GS1085.

Comment

I used some parts of the 34CV O-ring kits from Robert Barr to rebuild mine.
                      The tube that goes over the choke emulsion tube has tiny O-rings that need to be replaced and the fuel seat O-rings were toast as well.
                      The intake manifolds use his 40mm O-rings also.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                      X