Anyone use pinesol for cleaning carbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use pinesol for cleaning carbs?

Been reading around the net that it works great. If you have used it for carbs are you supposed to dilute it?

All I have is the carb spray and been keeping them wet. (Too poor to buy carb dip.) I can't find carb dip instructions to get an idea of how long to keep them soaked. Anyone know the soaking time?

I just did this......they are looking great, have a look at my rebuild thread, you will see pictures......link is my sig line

I use the whole bottle as you see in the pic, to a bucket that is 20 liters total

Even though it's a household cleaner, leave the carbs in the solution, outside, the smell of the pine can be very strong indoors....

carb pics start here - http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=184389&page=2

Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks. Just finished putting them in the pinesol dip. Have you finished dipping the individual parts yet? If so how long should I dip them? 6 hours enough?

Comment

I have left them whole in the dip for 24 hours, actually they are still in the dip right now, put in yesterday at noon.

I will pull them out soon, and disassemble, and put them back into soak, for another 24 hours.

As others have said do take out the slide/diaphragm and do not soak it, it could get ruined

I have ordered a new O ring kit, waiting for it to arrive, just need to get gaskets for the float bowels

I will still inspect each and every part, and clean as needed, poke and prod each and every hole, just to make sure it's all clean, and free of anything especially any laquer that might still be stuck somewhere.

I don't think there is any wrong time to let them soak, I did have a small nylon brush and went over the bank of carbs with that to get any stuck on grime, as you can see in the pics, it seems to work well

Comment

Noted!

I just got my o-rings and float bowl gaskets in. Got the gaskets from ebay cheap. Haven't tested them yet so can't vouch for quality but worth a try for the price in my opinion.

Comment

sweet find, and only 4 bucks to ship to Canada, might as well order them.....

Comment

Originally posted by Smellii View Post
              Noted!

I just got my o-rings and float bowl gaskets in. Got the gaskets from ebay cheap. Haven't tested them yet so can't vouch for quality but worth a try for the price in my opinion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-80-83...6#ht_500wt_969
              Hi,

Make sure the generic aftermarket gaskets exactly match the OEM gaskets. Sometimes there are punch-outs that have to match so certain passageways that should be open don't get covered.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Umm, I thought I read this same exact thread elsewhere on this forum? Ah, yes! Not even 10 posts below!

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Basscliff. Just compared mine. They are the same cut.

Yeah, didn't see it. I did a search for it before I posted though. I searched for "pinesol" and not "pine sol" so it didn't come up. Seems lots of us have pinesol on the mind at the moment.

Comment

A lot of helpful recommendations in that thread for using detergents as a carb cleaner!

Comment

Tried it and not very happy with the results. Let it sit overnight. It's possible it was too diluted but still not going to spend any more time on it. Anxious to get it done. Found a $15 walmart gift card so I purchased chem-dip for a net cost of around 6 bucks. Gonna try it the tried and true way.

Comment

Working...
                      X