Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you supposed to put grease or oil on the new intake boot o-rings upon install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you supposed to put grease or oil on the new intake boot o-rings upon install?

Are you supposed to put grease or oil on the new intake boot o-rings upon install? Thanks.

i put a very small amount, so the oring will stay in place, while installing.

Comment

k. thanks.

Comment

While you are at it, put a light film of synthetic grease inside the manifolds to aid is installation and sealing of the carbs.

Daniel

Comment

Slicone grease would be better, wont damage the rubber

Comment

is oil/grease required at all to function properly or only an option to aid in installation?

Comment

I read on BassCliff's site most recommend the use of high temp bearing grease, if I did that I would use it liberally. This would help seal any leaks,
              help protect the O rings and aid in installation by keeping the O ring in it's
              proper place so it can't fall out of it's slot when you go to tighten it all up.
              sigpic
              Steve
              "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

I use a drop or two of Marvel Mystery oil. Smells good too.

Automatic Trans Fluid (ATF) also works very well and contains conditioners that are very good for rubber.

Comment

Oil or grease will keep the O-ring from drying up and cracking.

Comment

Working...
                  X