Carb help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb help.

So today I am the proud owner of a 81 gs650g. I bought it from a guy who threw the carbs up on his work bench. took em apart lost parts and broke parts. now Im left fumbling through a box full of parts that make no sense. I have herd that there are certain companies that you can ship you carbs to and they either fix refurbish assemble and cynk or they send you an already refurbished and cynked set. who is this company and how can I get a hold of them.

You'd do better to post up in the parts wanted section what you are looking for. Carbs can only be synched to your bike not to some magical one in the sky.

Welcome to the forum and put your bike info in your signature block and your location in your profile so we don't ask a whole lot and you might find someone close by that can help.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Have a look through Nessism's carb tutorial on BikeCliff's page. There are a ton of pics, and lots of good information. I would post links, but I'm on the droid, so linking is tricky Good luck, welcome to the best form and resources for GS bikes on the net.

Comment

Please allow me to assist from my iPhone , lol.

Make sure you have acrobat reader to view the PDF files.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. cwdavis,

If you insist on not doing your own carb work (and you certainly can with all the information provided below), then do not use any of those "companies" you've heard about. Check the "GS Parts and Services" section of the forum and send your carbs to one of the trusted members of this forum, chef1366 or renobruce, etc.

Now let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by cwdavis View Post
            So today I am the proud owner of a 81 gs650g. I bought it from a guy who threw the carbs up on his work bench. took em apart lost parts and broke parts. now Im left fumbling through a box full of parts that make no sense. I have herd that there are certain companies that you can ship you carbs to and they either fix refurbish assemble and cynk or they send you an already refurbished and cynked set. who is this company and how can I get a hold of them.
            Can you post some pics so we can see what you're dealing with- internal carb parts tend to be small and distinctive. About a year back, there was an Ebay guy in Northwest that offered an exchange service, but I haven't stumbled across him lately. Are your carbs still connected together?
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X