SES Injected Carburetors (floatless?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SES Injected Carburetors (floatless?)

Does anyone have any information on these bad boys? They're float less carbs from what I understand. I guess theyre big in the old VW Beetle scene. I found very limited information on them but found a few places where people said they ran them on their Harleys... They look pretty bad @$$...

Hi Mr. TheGodFather,

Aren't those carbs for vertical draft applications?

Anyway, let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have a vert draft carbs on another bike of mine (535 virago) but they still have a float and a bowl. What would keep these from being run horizontally?

Oh and thanks for the welcome, Ill be here a lot lol

Comment

Here's a link to another forum (rotary wing/autogyro forum) that discusses the applications and such of these in some detail.

I think you'd probably have some trouble getting them to function correctly. Furthermore, I think if you were to try something like this you'd be better off going full FI than this somewhat silly crossbreed. If I had to guess (and that's exactly what it would be) I would say they were likely devolped to counteract altitude/gravitational pull changes in simple aircraft that used carbs but had no fuel pump or regulator to regulate fuel flow, such as an autogyro or ultralite...just a guess as I said.

Clicky linky..

Excuse me if everyone has already seen this 4 minute Carter Copter clip, but it is SO cool! It even includes actual footage of the 1939 Pitcairn jump starts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-_HpoB-_c
        Last edited by Guest; 11-15-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

CafeKid thats actually one of the two websites that has had any information on them. I havent been able to find the other again unfortunately. If I were to use them I wouldnt run them on my GS but rather another project of mine. Even still I just want to know how these things work or where I can find more information. I appreciate the searching though, much for helpful forum then the Virago forum I also post on lol...

Comment

Working...
          X