Hi-res/close up of carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-res/close up of carbs

Does anyone have photos of how the carb rack goes together? My memory card got corrupted somehow, so my photos of the tear down process are gone.

see if these help

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

Carb rebuild tutorial linked in my signature.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Hi,

In addition to Mr. Nessism's excellent carb guide, you'll also find the original guide by John Bloemer on my little website. There are lots of pictures in both.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

cable choke VM26 carbs (from 79 GS1000L) images 686-693

I have the original 2000x3000 images on my home PC if you need bigger.

Comment

Thanks guys. Between my 4 carbs, I've got 3 different configurations... Here's what I've got, and I'm not sure which carb goes where. I should have marked them but I thought I was smart with my fancy camera... I guess not.

ANYWAY! Can anyone tell me which pic corresponds to which position?

Comment

Originally posted by Pendulum View Post
              Does anyone have photos of how the carb rack goes together? My memory card got corrupted somehow, so my photos of the tear down process are gone.
              Once again, there is just one little detail that would be nice to know.

WHAT BIKE???

The simple addition of your bike in your sig would make a LOT more sense than a couple of quotes.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Once again, there is just one little detail that would be nice to know.

WHAT BIKE???

The simple addition of your bike in your sig would make a LOT more sense than a couple of quotes.

I could've sworn I added that when I added my location... Anyway, it's '79 550 w. the VM26 carbs.

Comment

Pendulum, go to User CP, Edit Signature, and add your bike info into the actual signature block with all your quotes you have. It doesn't show up there.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Look at where the fuel nipples are, that will show you right, left & middle carbs. Thats what cell phone cameras are for

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                      Pendulum, go to User CP, Edit Signature, and add your bike info into the actual signature block with all your quotes you have. It doesn't show up there.
                      Yeah, I tried to add it to my sig on my phone like a week or 2 ago but I'm on my computer now so I'll try it. Maybe using my phone was the issue. Coverage is crap here at home.

Originally posted by Katarat View Post
                      Look at where the fuel nipples are, that will show you right, left & middle carbs. Thats what cell phone cameras are for
                      That's what I used to post the pics above. Ironically, I have $10k in photo gear but my phone has the worlds worst camera.

The nipples are what's got me confused actually. If you look at my pics above, one of them has no nipple, another has it closer to the "head side" of the carb, and the other 2 have the nipple closer to the "airbox side."
                      Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Ironically, I have $10k in photo gear but my phone has the worlds worst camera.
                        How is the cellular reception on your camera?

It doesn't really matter how much your camera equipment costs, it's a simple matter of using the proper tool for the job.

If you know that the camera on your phone sucks, don't use it as a camera, use it as a phone.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The nipples are what's got me confused actually. If you look at my pics above, one of them has no nipple, another has it closer to the "head side" of the carb, and the other 2 have the nipple closer to the "airbox side."
                          The 1-2-3-4 order is the hang up? Look into where the fuel flows between each carb. If there is no hole drilled in the left side, it's the #1 carb. No hole on the right side, #4. Holes on both sides, #2 and #3. #3 can be determined by the breather nipple actually being the one that provides vacuum for the petcock(assuming it's just like my 750's anyway...)

Pics to come shortly...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                            How is the cellular reception on your camera?

It doesn't really matter how much your camera equipment costs, it's a simple matter of using the proper tool for the job.

If you know that the camera on your phone sucks, don't use it as a camera, use it as a phone.

My camera has wifi, though that's irrelevent lol. I make a living with my camera. It's the proper tool for most jobs. I'm not going to touch it while I'm rebuilding carburetors, though and the memory card that works in that camera doesn't work in my point n shoot. The card from my point n shoot is corrupt now, which is why I used my phone for the pics that are a fwe posts back.

Anyway, back to the question of which one of the pics I posted above corresponds to which position on the bike. Any ideas?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X