No announcement yet.

Hi-res/close up of carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: never mind, just noticed there are a few more subtle differences between the carb sets. Just look at fuel flow between them to get sorted. Distinguishing between #2 and #3 might not be as similar to the other VM's, so waiting for someone else to chime in there.

Here's the pic that gets me... maybe this is the engine vac and they did this to avoid confusion between the breather nipples and the engine vac nipple? (note nipple location is the same on my carbs and in sschering's photo) That and it appears there are 3 carbs with air mixture screws to the left side, got a pic of the 4th?

Originally posted by Pendulum View Post
    Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2011, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
      maybe this is the engine vac and they did this to avoid confusion between the breather nipples and the engine vac nipple? (note nipple location is the same on my carbs and in sschering's photo) That and it appears there are 3 carbs with air mixture screws to the left side, got a pic of the 4th?
      Yup. Answered my own question... ebay is good for something

Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2011, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks Verde, I never even thought to check eBay. Time to get these things back on the bike!

Comment

Look at the air adjusting screws, the left 2 carbs are on the left side, the right 2 carbs on the right. Then the appropiated outside carbs will have the outside fuel tube hole undrilled as mentioned earlier in the thread. Voila!!!
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Pendulum View Post
            Thanks Verde, I never even thought to check eBay. Time to get these things back on the bike!
            Happy to help. Sad part is I was taking pictures of a spare rack I bought on ebay, but checking ebay for pics specific to a 550 didn't cross my mind for over an hour Let us know how she runs once you get everything back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              Look at the air adjusting screws, the left 2 carbs are on the left side, the right 2 carbs on the right. Then the appropiated outside carbs will have the outside fuel tube hole undrilled as mentioned earlier in the thread. Voila!!!
              All 4 of my air screws are on the left side.

Happy to help. Sad part is I was taking pictures of a spare rack I bought on ebay, but checking ebay for pics specific to a 550 didn't cross my mind for over an hour Let us know how she runs once you get everything back together.
              I will! I know I'm going to need to rejet for my exhaust but I haven't finished building the exhaust yet.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pendulum;1544661]All 4 of my air screws are on the left side.QUOTE]

OOPS! I was wondering why my answer was a little too obvious. I've always seen VMs with the left and right air screws.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                  I've always seen VMs with the left and right air screws.
                  Don't worry, that got me too, haha. Just some funkyness between the different models. I kinda like the look of the ribs on those carb bodies too.

...That and it appears there are 3 carbs with air mixture screws to the left side, got a pic of the 4th?

Comment

Working...
                  X