1986 gsx750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 gsx750es

hi everyone i live in denmark and i just bought a 1986 gsx750es and i am going to put a leovince sbk muffler on a laser 4-2-1 system with kn pods because i dont have an original airbox so i need a jet kit st3 but the only one i cand find is for a 1983 gs750es us version so my Q is are they the same bikes will the 83 kit fit on my 86..

and thanks for a great forum tons of info

Yes, same.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Yes, it will fit. Even the U.S.700 model kit will work fine.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Sweet bike!Welcome to GSR.Do start a build thread if you please,would like to see and help get another one on the road

Comment

great thank you

Comment

Welcome to the site and don't forget to post pictures of your bike.
            I am 1/4 Danish myself.

Daniel

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. nebo,

For some reason, when the U.S. bikes got the 16-valve engines, Suzuki did not give them the "GSX" nomenclature right away. But as has been stated, they are the same.

Now, if you very carefully go through all of the information in the links below, you can learn in a few hours what it has taken me years to acquire. Enjoy!

Let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Hi Nebo. I guess as your great grandfather's great grandfather (and so on back 1000 years) probably came and pillaged (and did what men of that time did when they pillaged) around here then we are all a bit Danish.

Like the other guys, welcome to the forum. Lots of great folk here with a tremendous collective knowledge.

Just a very slight caution. The same bike in different markets may have had some slight differences. I know the US / UK / mainland Europe all had slightly different carb specs for the early 80s 16 valvers (different laws = different emissions allowances I guess). However, if you are going for a Dyno stage III kit then those differences will almost certainly be dwarfed.

The Dyno stage III for a 750 is listed as a different part to the 700 on their UK website:

79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Hi Nebo
                  Nice to see another 750ES on the site, I will be doing similar things to mine, about to rebuild the carbs

Martin

Comment

Working...
                  X