Jet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet Question

The cold wet weather is here and it's time to tear into my "new to me" 1982 GS850GL for the first time. I put new tires and fork seals on. The RWL tires look pretty sweet. I've also ordered a list of odds and ends to stop the oil leaks. (Tach oil seal, oil cap o ring, clutch oil seal and cover gasket, etc.) New Speedo cable is going on and I will also have the working parts I need to put the center stand back on. After these odds and ends are replaced I will be tearing into the carbs. Here's my question.

The bike came with K&N Pod Filters and a Vance and Hines Megaphone 4 to 1 exhaust with a pretty good bit of bluing. I'm wondering if a PO didn't rejet the carbs. When I take the carbs down is there a way to tell what kind of jets are installed? I hate to buy a new set not knowing for sure what I have.

Just read the numbers stamped on the jets and compare them to what should be in there as standard. Tip - if your eyesight is as bad as mine,or even only half as bad, invest in a cheap magnifying glass to read those numbers.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I'm guessing with this set up I would need a Dynojet Stage 3 kit. Anyone know, is that 165 mains?

Comment

Working...
      X