X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bomber737 View Post
    ... what is the correct float level setting for my carbs
    HI,

It seems you haven't quite read all of the information in all of the links that have been provided.

Suzuki GS Series Carb Specs

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Here is the line to photos of my bike
      s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd414/bomber737/Suzuki%20GS1000/

Comment

Here's a Blue '80 GS1000E, is this what you have?
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

That is exactly the one I have and that is exactly what it looks like.

Comment

That is exactly the one I have and that is exactly what it looks like.
            Thought so, notice the CV carbs, new for that year, and if that's exactly what it looks like, you are a one very lucky man. Don't see too many from that year.
            sigpic
            Steve

Comment

Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting it on the road. Got it for $40 bucks with 3700 miles. So I just looked at the Suzuki GS series carb specs from a previous post and I can't find my bike listed in there and the ones listed like mine with the 34mm Carbs have different numbers for the main jet, Pilot jet, and jet needle number and pilot air jet. What I have is a 107 main, 40 pilot jet, 5D50 jet needle and a 190 pilot air jet. The main jet could be a 107.5 but I really cant read the number that well due to the degradation in the brass. Any thoughts on this? Someone in a previous post told me that I had the correct ones for these carbs. It's not that I don't believe the post it's just me and my curiosity.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2011, 01:07 AM.

Comment

So, what made you think it was a '79? Did it come with the title?

Comment

That's when the original owner told me he purchased it, and no I am in the process of getting a title for it right now. The state of MN does not list the bike anymore so bonded title here I come.

Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2011, 02:25 AM.

Comment

That's when the original owner told me he purchased it, and no I am in the process of getting a title for it right now. The state of MN does not list the bike anymore so bonded title here I come.
                    I wouldn't spend a nickel on it until I was sure I could license it in my name. But, that's just me. I won't buy anything without a title.

Comment

some states don't issue titles after so many years..
                      Georgia one.
                      i'm sure there's many more.

Comment

I have already talked to WI DMV and had the police out to my house to verify vin. Sent in the paperwork with a check. Now i am just waiting for them to send me the information to get the title bonded and send title to me. Its not as bad as you think when you live down the street from the original purchaser.

Comment

The bike appears to be whole and stock. The '80 had some refinements over the '79 & '78, such as a second generation Turn Signal Control Unit, (which is a very big improvement) slotted disks, new hand controls, the non-stepped seat, it had CV carbs
                          which replaced the VM (I actually like the VM26's) and a newer petcock and I like the older one since it has a reserve position. The GS1000E is a great bike, regardless of year, and I think you're going to love it.

Boulevard Suzuki has a upcoming sale, suppose to start on the 16th for a couple of days (stay tuned as I'm not sure of the exact dates). This is a once a year sale (if you exclude their most recent Black Friday sale). This will give you the best chance to pick up new parts on the cheap. Lets see, spark plugs, oil filter, etc. etc.

If you are considering redoing your tank you can get decal sets at Reproduction decals.
                          sigpic
                          Steve

Comment

Great, thanks for the information. I actually had to trash the tank. The seam was to far gone for my welder friend to fix. This tank had metal badges on it but unfortunately the new tank does not have the screw hole mounts. I have another one ready I just need to find the color code so I can match it with a PPG color. I think I am going to run the stock carbs until I can afford a new set of Mikuni flat slide RS series carbs from Niche cycle or a set from Sudco. I really prefer the mechanical carbs. I also put a chain kit on it to run a 530 chain instead of the 630. Any idea what this bike is worth restored?
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Any idea what this bike is worth restored?
                              Not as much as you'd think, probably not as much as you put into it. But sometimes you can get lucky in an Ebay auction. In mint condition you might command $2K or a little more.

Does your bike have a kick starter? I ask because the '79s had kick starters and the '80s did not. I also thought the '79s had chrome front fenders but the '80s did not. I'll have to check. Sorry to re-hash this but it is possible for a previous owner to have installed CV style carbs on a '79.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                                Does your bike have a kick starter? I ask because the '79s had kick starters and the '80s did not. I also thought the '79s had chrome front fenders but the '80s did not. I'll have to check. Sorry to re-hash this but it is possible for a previous owner to have installed CV style carbs on a '79.BassCliff
                                None of the GS1000C's or E's had kick starters regardless of year.
                                sigpic
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X