Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS850 VM Carb Vacuum Pipes

Hiya,

I have just done a complete Carb clean & have noticed that i have 3 vacuum hoses, only carb3 vacuum tube was connected to the fuel taps vacuum port, so shouldnt carb 2 & carb 4 vacuum ports be capped ??

Thank you,

Rain Man.

the other 2 are vent pipes, not vacuum pipes. they should route to your air box or remove them if you are running pod filters. do not blank them off
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      the other 2 are vent pipes, not vacuum pipes. they should route to your air box or remove them if you are running pod filters. do not blank them off
      Oh, i assumed that because they were in the same place as on carb 3 that they were also vacuum pipes.

Thank you for clearing up the confusion

Rain Man.

Comment

Please note that when he said "route them to your airbox", he was not meaning that you connect them to anything.

Not sure how they are supposed to run on your bike, but on later 850s, they are long enough to go over the airbox and hang down the back side, with their ends in basically still, calm air. The ends need to be in a non-turbulent area for the carbs to receive a proper atmospheric reference.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Please note that when he said "route them to your airbox", he was not meaning that you connect them to anything.

Not sure how they are supposed to run on your bike, but on later 850s, they are long enough to go over the airbox and hang down the back side, with their ends in basically still, calm air. The ends need to be in a non-turbulent area for the carbs to receive a proper atmospheric reference.

yeah sorry, thats what i meant. route them back towards your airbox, not into it!
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Ok, Thank you Guys, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X