Trouble w/ my '77 gs 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble w/ my '77 gs 750

Rode my bike out to the desert a month ago and stupidly didn't check the oil levels. I just barely made it to my friend's house when the bike died and wouldn't move...it still started up but the clutch wouldn't engage...

since then I have: Replaced the clutch, rebuilt the carbs, replaced air,oil and gas filters, battery is on trickle charge...

The bike still doesn't perform properly. It takes a lot to get it started and when i try to come out of 1st gear and accelerate I lose RPMs, speed and then the bike stalls...

any advice or help would be hugely appreciated...

thanks in advance..

j

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. jayzer81,

There is no need to post this incident in four different sections. You'll find this is a very active forum and a lot of experts will help if you post in the applicable section.

You'll find a couple of maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome" and a lot of supporting documentation on my little website. You may have multiple issues so check the tutorials and the manuals for the proper maintenance procedures and proceed accordingly. Start by cleaning the carbs properly, repairing the air intake system, and adjusting the valves. These are absolutely mandatory.

Now let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X