Late model carburetor swap master list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late model carburetor swap master list?

Has anybody developed (or know from memory ) what late model carbs can be swapped onto our old GS-series engines?

In specific, I'm looking to upgrade the carbs on my 1982 GS1100e with some late model carbs, but finding this information takes a lot of wading through posts. From memory, I think that early GSXR750 and GSXR1100 carbs are a straightforward swap, but which years? Also RF900 and Bandit 1100 carbs, but again, which years?

This could take the form of a simple list, with appropriate notes, such as the following:
    (Note: This info is not verified, just making it up for example)
    Old GS-Series Models
    1991 - 1993 GS1100e Carb bore 34mm, spacing xx-mm
    1994 - 1996 GS1150e Carb bore 36mm, spacing
    etc.

The following carbs can be retrofitted to these bikes:
    1988 - 1991 GSXR 1100 *note: highly desirable "slingshot" carbs, recommend 147.5 main jet, 45 pilot jet, 160 air jet
    1988 - 1991 GSXR 750 *note: highly desirable "slingshot" carbs
    1997 - 2000 Bandit 1100
    etc.
    That's the idea. If folks will just post what they know to this thread, I will try to develop a simple table for future reference. Unless someone else has already done this and just wants to point me towards it.

Many thanks.
    ----------------------------------
    Adding more info
    From a GSXR forum....
    For anyone looking for carbs the spacing is the same for all A/O GSXR's, Bandit's, GS750-1100's, and Kawi KZ900-1000's
    Bones
    Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2011, 10:31 AM.

Yeah, a somebody please make a master list for possible carburetor swaps. And the moderators here should make it a sticky. It's getting difficult trying to search for info on this site.

I've got a 83 gs1100e and was thinking about doing a swap. But maybe it's not worth the money and effort? Perhaps, it's a better idea to just jet out the stock carbs? What do you think, AJ?

Edit: It's already been done...I found this sticky:

Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Well, I know that the 1150 carbs will work on the 82 1100 but I think u were looking for more modern stuff. :-)

I believe I recently read that some folks run smooth ores on their older bikes but I think they are costly and highly sought after. I believe Rapid Ray prob has some good experience with different carbs on various bikes.

The links above are nice but bass cliffs manuals usually has the specific carbs and stock jottings most folks look for so I'm not sure how useful that thread tends to be.

Comment

I think he wants to know what late model carbs ,GSXR carbs for example, will bolt on to his motor & bike

Comment

BSW30 will alas fit only 572 CC I4 engines produced from 1983-86

I doubt this helps.

Comment

Working...
          X