Cobra C4 exhaust on Kat 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cobra C4 exhaust on Kat 1100

Has anyone ever seen the 4 into 1 exhaust manufactured by Cobra for the 1100 Kat.
    I'd like to see pictures before buying....
    I don't understand all the german but apparently the header is made out of inox steel?
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Good find, they look like they should be great. High dollar but with few new pipes to pick from anymore any source is better than none.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kat View Post
      Has anyone ever seen the 4 into 1 exhaust manufactured by Cobra for the 1100 Kat.
      I'd like to see pictures before buying....
      I don't understand all the german but apparently the header is made out of inox steel?
      http://www.cobraexhaust.de/cobra-exh...a-4-1-alu.html
      Inox steel = Stainless steel
      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

They're well made - the equal of all the other decent 'off the shelf' aftermarket pipes. The stainless is proper stainless - not what the Japanese call stainless that isn't.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Great, but would you have a picture?
          I'm concerned about ground clearance...
          Thanks for correcting me on the "stainless"
          An advantage I see on the stainless exhausts is that you can modify them by cutting and rewelding as opposed to the "chrome" versions.
          sigpicJohn Kat
          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,

Comment

One on this thread attached to an EFE (scroll down):

Might give you a hint.

Edit: And one here on a Kat:

Last edited by hampshirehog; 01-01-2012, 02:09 PM.
            79 GS1000S
            79 GS1000S (another one)
            80 GSX750
            80 GS550
            80 CB650 cafe racer
            75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
            75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Many thanks Hampshirehog
              I can't believe the quality of the job done on the Kat you've pointed me to...
              For the Cobra exhaust it does seem a little low?
              had a Cobra exhaust on my GSX (not from Exactrep).. the downtubes sold to me were also listed for GSX-R models.. so this means as the GSX engine isn't as tall that the collector isn't a snugly a fit as it could possible be.. in fact I found the gap so annoying I decided to cut the tubes up and have them rewelded so the collector would sit closer to the sump..
              apart from this the quality of the exhaust is really good and will last forever..

on my kat I had a Mac exhaust.. not stainless steel so nowhere as durable but much lighter in weight though.. the fit was spot on although the workmanship wasn't as good as with the Cobra system.. the Mac muffler is crap though (made my own instead..)
              Is it true that the GSXR headers will fit the GSX 1100?
              If so I may prefer to use a 4 into 2 into 1 design to enhance ground clearance...
              I believe the old Hindle header worked this way?
              sigpicJohn Kat

Comment

Working...
              X