Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k+n air filter?

Hello all,
    I just picked up a low mileage 81 GS 250T, turning it into a cafe racer.
    I would like to change over to k+n air filters, Their website does not
    list one.
    Has anyone here used one for 30mm Mikunis?
    Thanks for any help!

Cant help ya with your bike but I can welcome ya to the board.
    Welcome!
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Don't worry about what the filter's supposed to be used for, just measure the diameter of the intake side of the carbs and find a K&N with the right diameter and you should be good to go...

And glad to see you're hoping to use a good quality brand too, that will help when it comes to rejetting time
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        I appreciate the help. I have some parts that i,m not going to use anymore
        such as: seat, rear fender tail light and bracket, turn signals,side covers.
        Free if anyone is interested.

Comment

Welcome to GSR. Go ahead and put your general location in the User CP (upper left) and we'll know where you are. And yeah, the K&Ns (the easiest way to go AFA tuning) are very generic.

Comment

I,m in northern new jersey and thanks again for your replies,a lot of good info here.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. seabee,

You'll have to re-jet the carbs once you install pod filters. It will not run right if you don't.

Anyway, let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thank you for the information, i didnt even think about rejetting. Do companies like Dynojet offer a jet kit for a 81 gs250t? If not, where would i go for one?

Comment

Originally posted by seabee View Post
                  Thank you for the information, i didnt even think about rejetting. Do companies like Dynojet offer a jet kit for a 81 gs250t? If not, where would i go for one?
                  You'd need to check with them but I suspect not...

You can rejet just by changing the jets and needles that are in there with larger ones, but there is definitely a technique to it. Do some searching for plug chops and have a look at BassCliff's site for the same which will help you out.

I'm shortly going to be rejetting my carbs properly instead of the half arsed job I've done so far and will be using a Morgan Carbtune to try to get it right.
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

I have K&N on my cb350 racer with vm30mm mikuni,
                    the model are the long taper,
                    K&N parts number is r-1260
                    the filter is an oil type and b020a4 is molded in the rubber
                    marc
                    Last edited by kochic; 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM.
                    AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
                    1978 GS1000C X2
                    1978 GS1000E X2
                    1979 GS1000S
                    1979 gs1000
                    1983 gs400e

Comment

Working...
                    X