Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interference between the throttle cable & Choke Mech + What's This Part? (with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interference between the throttle cable & Choke Mech + What's This Part? (with pics)

After reassembling my carbs the other day the went to reinstall them on the bike, everything went smoothly until i found that i was having a great deal of trouble looping the throttle cable from its cable hanger to the attachment point.

It's seems that the choke mechanism arm (i'm guessing at the terminology here) is interfering with the throttle cable routing.

Also, The throttle cable attachment point was too close to the intake on its right side, making it impossible for me to slide the cable in from the side.

I didn't have these problems before the carb cleaning and reassembly. I've taken a bunch of pictures. Here's one below, and I've posted many more on my flickr, here.

----What's This Part?!----

I didn't see this part on the carb cleaning tutorial, and I forgot where it goes. Does it relate to my problem above?

Moving that choke cable mount to a different carb will open up the path to the throttle cables to get thru..as for what that plate is..it doesnt show it on the fiches for the 81 1000 GL????
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

As for the choke linkage, it doesn't look right, I'll have to check.
      The plate in your hand is a guide to keep the clutch cable away from the carb linkage.
      It mounts between #1 and # 2 carb's.
      Some of the carbs use a wire cage to accomplish the same thing.
      I'll see if I can find a pic or two for you.

Edit. This is the best pic that I could find. I'll take a close up later today if you need it.
      If you look at the top cap of #1 carb and right about where the cam cover screw is, you can see that plate:

Daniel
      Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pic - I see where the plate goes now. That plate wasn't in the parts fiche, but the wire you mentioned is.

Comment

Here are a couple of pic's. Hope that you can see how to make the choke linkage work also.

Daniel

Comment

Yes, I understand now. Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
            X