Scrambler exhaust for an 81 750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrambler exhaust for an 81 750?

Is there any that are pre-made, or is that something that would require fabrication?

I'm in the process of giving my L a bit of a Dual sport/adventure touring makover, and would like to get a bit of ground clearance by switching to scrambler style exhaust.

Anyone know where I could find one?

Originally posted by Wyldesoul View Post
    Is there any that are pre-made, or is that something that would require fabrication?

I'm in the process of giving my L a bit of a Dual sport/adventure touring makover, and would like to get a bit of ground clearance by switching to scrambler style exhaust.

Anyone know where I could find one?
    You'll definitely need to get one made up. I got a local mob here Tranzac to make mine for the 450 and they did an awesome job. It's ceramic coated also.

When I was doing the mock up out of cardboard while thinking how I wanted it, I discovered I had to route it down the left side to make sure I had clearance for the dipstick. That would normally cause issues with the carb mounted choke lever on the left side of the carbs except I'd already made up a bracket so I could have a 'bar mounted choke lever, so that was no dramas.

The other minor issue I expect to have is the cylinders may end up slightly different in terms of mixture as I now have uneven header lengths. I haven't really started tuning yet so can't comment on how much (if any) difference that will make.

I'm thinking on a 4 cylinder it's going to be quite difficult (maybe impossible) to route all four headers neatly and efficiently to one side without compromising the clearance between the front wheel and the frame. You may want to consider doing a 2 into 1 on either side, making sure there's enough clearance for the dipstick or whatever.

Sort of like the Metisse except a 2 into 1 each side:

Not sure how much that helps but hopefully some...

And you need to let us know what you do, and I have a desperate need to see pic's if you do get one made up
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
    X