gsx / gs550 ES/EF twin port carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsx / gs550 ES/EF twin port carbs

Does anyone have a schematic or ever done a rebuild thread etc on these carbs so i can compare likeness between gs and gsx carbs to see if theres a difference so i can order o ring kits ? cheers jon

It is in the manual on Basscliff's website

Comment

If I remember correctly there is only 1 oring in each carb and it is a standard metric size. The seals on each side where the rods go through the body and the float bowl gaskets are all you probably really need. I also used a copper crush washer on the float bowl drain screw. Take note of the different jets sizes on the inboard/outboard sides. I was intimidated at first but these carbs weren't hard to rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
        It is in the manual on Basscliff's website
        I had a look for it and couldnt find it , dont suppose you could add a link for me please ? thanks

Comment

link to the manual on Basscliff's website:
          http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/gs/GS550E-ES-L_1983.PDF

Manual is for an 83 but 83-86 are the same.

gs550e/es were know as gsx550e/es outside the US.

EF, E is the model. and F is the year code, F=85

Comment

The good news is that the siamesed carbs are not really much harder to work on than the regular carbs. One downside is that the drilled passages from the float bowl up are all at weird angles and then plugged so you can't get a wire into them. And I would hate to have to buy a carb diaphragm if you can even get one.

Comment

Working...
            X