fuel injection gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel injection gs

has anyone tried it? i seen it mentioned around has anyone accually did it? pictues? and if you could tell me what you did, used and how you like it/it works

Look up Arttu on this board. He has a turbo efi gs and Katman is planning to inject his beautiful custom katana.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

fuel injection gs.............

Originally posted by maddoggmike View Post
      has anyone tried it? i seen it mentioned around has anyone accually did it? pictues? and if you could tell me what you did, used and how you like it/it works
      ...........................somebody has done it to a xs650 adding a fuel injection system.... plus a turbo... it looks sweet regards oldgrumpy

Comment

yeah i seen it on a xs650 but i wanted to see if someone did it with the gs secficially the gs550. mostly because i am going to need to redo the carbs and fuel injection just seems worth the work

Comment

mostly because i am going to need to redo the carbs and fuel injection just seems worth the work
          Really? fuel injecting an 81 550L is worth the work over a couple(or 1) afternoon(s) spent rebuilding the carbs...

Comment

it seems that easy but then you also got to sync them and they become unsynced and sooner or later they are going to get harder and harder to find parts not to mention they are a b*tch to start in the winter.

Comment

Sounds like you need to spend some time going through the maintenance lists Basscliff provided in his welcome package. Trust me when I say carbs aren't that hard to have running correctly.

As far as all the work, where's the challenge and satisfaction of getting something working properly if everything is super simple?
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

it seems that easy but then you also got to sync them and they become unsynced and sooner or later they are going to get harder and harder to find parts not to mention they are a b*tch to start in the winter.
                I have never had any of those problems. Syncing carbs is part of maintenance, when you adjust the valves you sync them. You still have to sync your throttle bodies.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

im not shy of getting my hands dirty but i have no idea what i am doing as far as a motorcycle or carbs unfourtantly i am a new school baby

Comment

Read the tutorial from Nessism on Basscliff's site or in Nessism's signature and you'll do perfect.

Put your bike info in your signature block and your location in your profile in case one of us is pretty close to help out.

Here's Basscliff's welcome post he gave you that has all the information you need.

Last edited by cowboyup3371; 01-16-2012, 08:48 PM.
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

im not shy of getting my hands dirty but i have no idea what i am doing as far as a motorcycle or carbs unfourtantly i am a new school baby
                      It's the best way to learn. If you try really hard you can get it done without learning anything except that you can take things apart and put them back together. They're just carbs. Good luck.

Comment

yeah i seen it on a xs650 but i wanted to see if someone did it with the gs secficially the gs550. mostly because i am going to need to redo the carbs and fuel injection just seems worth the work
                        Please go for it. Develop a tutorial and then share with the brethren.

Most people just clean the carbs they have since that can be accomplished cheaply and easily, but if you can figure out an FI system for say, $150 or less, you will be a hero.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I have a set of GPZ1100 34mm fuel injection throttle bodies here if anyone is interested. Complete except for the TPS.

Comment

Well im just trying to upgrade the last owner really let thr bikr go.carbs just seem a loy of consitant worj conpared to fuel inject. But the carbs will be around this seasons since i never rode a motorcycle before.

Comment

Working...
                            X