No announcement yet.

cv carbs off a 750 on to a 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok these new boots are a little big, i have a 79 engine and im running into probelms with finding the right boots to fit the 79 head (flange on head is 42mm OD, 28mmID) while my new boot is (54mm OD 37mm ID) so in order for this to work i have 5mm to work with well divded that by 2 for both sides, so i have 2.5mm that i have to find a o ring for im thinking 40mm o-ring thats 1.5mm thick. unless someone can measure the boots on a 80-81 gs1000 (part number 13110-49100) so i can see if those will work

Comment

Robert Barr, www.cycleorings.com, will happily send you a set of 38 or 40 mm O-rings.
      I got another 3 sets this week myself.

Daniel

Comment

Well just to keep you updated, after searching around for 2 hours on boots, I found a different model that has 57.2mm stud spacing (stock is 59/60mm) with a carb spigot diameter of 37mm (stock is 38mm) and the head side of the flange is 30mm (stock head is 28mm so these are much closer compared to the other ones i ordered with have a 38mm, so as you can tell the new one i bought ate the port on the head) if my math is right this new one i ordered yesterday (pt# vm30-288) should work! knock on wood

Comment

Working...
        X