83 GS1100ED carb rebuild kit main and pilot sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS1100ED carb rebuild kit main and pilot sizes

Just installing new main and pilot jets using a K&L carb rebuild kit for GS1100E 80-83. K&L part number 18-2590
    The shop manual calls for main jet size to be 112.5 and the pilot to be 47.5.
    There are 2 main jets in the kit 107.5 and 115, and the 2 pilot jets supplied are 40 and 45. Is this some kind of mistake or should I just use the 115 main and the 45 pilot sizes? Canadian bike, if it makes a difference.

Whats wrong with the jets that were in the carbs? A little soaking and they are better than new.
    Did you get new o-rings for the carbs?
    Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

The jets were in bad shape, really tarred up. I boiled them in lemon juice and then reaming them with a fine wire. Under a magnifying glass they still look like they have crud in there, pilot jets are still hard to see through. I think I'll let them soak in carb cleaner for a while.

Comment

Dip the mikuni jets in carb dip and use them.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

At worst, Z1Enterprises sells them for around $2 each. I'm pretty sure they ship to Canada.

Comment

In Canada I use Gunk hydroseal for cleaning carbs and parts.
            If the jets are that bad the rest of the carbs are going to need a good soaking.
            Order o-rings from Robert Barr, you are wasting your time if you put them back together with old o-rings.
            +1 For Z1, great, fast shipping to Canada.

Comment

Working...
            X