83 GS750ES muffler issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
    No the header pipes are different spacing.
    Spacing is the same but the pipes are smaller diameter on the '83. Oil cooled GSX-R pipes will fit but some could be a problem with stock peg location. A rebent or new midpipe could correct that if it's a problem. I'm using a Hindle pipe meant for an '86 GSX-R750 on my 700.

Comment

I have a set of stock 83 pipes , they are probably a 7.5-8 on a scale of 1-10, very light surface rust on bottom sides, and typical 29 year old light scratches and wear to top side., other than that not bad. $175.00 plus shipping. you can see a pic of them in my profile , look at parts pics. The only real problem is shipping, cost is going to be a factor for sure. PM me if you are interested.
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

So it turns out that the muffler was only part of the problem. A good friend of mine from the BCCMCC looked at the issue for me and found some carb jet issues and welded up the hole for me and shes a whole new bike now!!!

Comment

FWIW, Teapot Katanas' (88-96) exhausts will bolt right on; you'll have to fab something for the rear muffler mounts and lose the centerstand. But you'd prolly lose the centerstand with any 4-1 pipe anyway....

Comment

Working...
          X