exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust system

Seems that one of the baffles came loose on the left side of the exhaust system. Needless to say its making a racket...sounds like an old chevy with a rod knock now. I did a quick search to see if I could get an after market system but came up empty. Any suggestions as to a possible fix or where I might find a replacement is appreciated. Also looked on ebay today for a used one..no luck. Thanks. 81 gs550L

Far as I have been able to discern..the baffle is part of the entire pipe that runs down thru the cans and is not replaceable. I suspect the corrosive nature of the acids produed from the exhaust have eaten their way thru and the piece is now laying in there rattling around.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by jpk928 View Post
      Seems that one of the baffles came loose on the left side of the exhaust system. Needless to say its making a racket...sounds like an old chevy with a rod knock now. I did a quick search to see if I could get an after market system but came up empty. Any suggestions as to a possible fix or where I might find a replacement is appreciated. Also looked on ebay today for a used one..no luck. Thanks. 81 gs550L
      I have the left side exhaust from a 650GL that might be just what you need:

Daniel

Comment

Working...
      X