GS1100e different intake manifolds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100e different intake manifolds?

I bought a bank of carbs from later model (2001+) air-cooled Bandit 1200 and the carb spacing is NOT identical to my 1982 GS1100e. The outer carbs are exact, but the two inner carbs are closer together by a few mm. Sorry, don't have the measurements with me. I was able to get the carbs to slide into my stock 1100e rubbers by rotating the inner rubber tubes slightly on to intake protrusions, although I did not clamp them down and verify the seal (still need to clean the new carbs before trying them).

It looks like the new carbs actually line up to the intake ports of the head better than the old carbs. The stock inner carb boots bend outwards to mate up with the original carbs. A straighter boot would be best.

Are there other rubber manifolds that might work better than these for the inner carbs? People have mentioned radiator hose elsewhere on this forum, but straight tubing won't have the molded in ring grooves to make a positive seal like the correct boots. Plus radiator hose will degrade in the presence of gasoline.

Did Suzuki make similar style hoses for other engines?

Make your own. A piece of radiator hose should do the trick.
    Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
    2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

You might try gas tank filler neck hose. Looks like radiator hose but is gas resistant.

Buddy
      09 Yamaha Venture Royal (my first Yamaha)
      83 Honda VT500FT Ascot (three of them)
      81 GS650G for the wife.
      82 Suzuki GS850GL Bought it 3 times, sold it twice, then traded for a nice 82 GS1100G AND a 93 Honda 750 Nighthawk, even WOW!
      I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those words that should have remained unsaid.
      If ya can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with B. S.
      Motorcycles are like children....They should be seen and not heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
        You might try gas tank filler neck hose. Looks like radiator hose but is gas resistant.

Buddy
        That's what I was looking for last night! Thanks!

Also need to figure out air cleaners. It seems the 58mm OD inlets are an oddball size. I can probably use a set of filters with 60mm inlets and some self-vulcanizing rubber tape, or maybe cut up and rework a stock Gen-II Bandit airbox, unless someone else has any ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X