Help for a new GS650G owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

There are pictures all over my website. Look in the air intake repair guide and the airbox sealing guides. They're not exactly like yours but should give you an idea. Here's the parts fiche picture for the '82 GS650G:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thank you BassCliff. Okay so looks like I have none of these parts, are they going to be terribly hard to find?

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
      Hi,

There are pictures all over my website. Look in the air intake repair guide and the airbox sealing guides. They're not exactly like yours but should give you an idea. Here's the parts fiche picture for the '82 GS650G:

BassCliff

Comment

Check Ebay out after putting out a post in the Parts Wanted section.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

You need to learn to consult the parts fiche!

At alpha-sports.com, they also have a parts finder. You can put in the Suzuki part # and see what other models that exact part # was used on. You'd be amazed how many parts are still available new for these old bikes.

The air chamber and filter housing parts were used on these bikes:

1981 SUZUKI GS650GLX - AIR CLEANER
          1981 SUZUKI GS650GX - AIR CLEANER
          1982 SUZUKI GS650GLZ - AIR CLEANER
          1982 SUZUKI GS650GZ - AIR CLEANER
          1983 SUZUKI GS650GD - AIR CLEANER
          1983 SUZUKI GS650GLD - AIR CLEANER
          1983 SUZUKI GS650MD - AIR CLEANER

That tells you what models will fit. The air chamber is no longer available. The rear case set is still available for ~$100 from Boulevard Suzuki (I like Alpha's site but their prices are not very good).

In addition to eBay, I'd check with pousseux, a member here: send him a PM with what you need. He always seems to have a lot of stuff kicking around. I recently bought a GS650GLZ fender from him for my bike - he might still have some of the intake parts. Good luck!

Comment

Hi,

Here's something to get you started:

There's also the Parts Wanted and Parts for Sale sections of this forum too.

BassCliff

Comment

Awesome, I was actually able to find this.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130634610655...84.m1439.l2648

I'm not sure what else I will need but we'll see once this comes in.

Comment

Ummmmm, did you see this at the bottom?

Item: Air Box Housing

Removed from: 1980 Suzuki GS 1000 E

Description: It is missing the cover, has fading and scratches.

Condition:

Stock#: GS110X-501427

When I was looking at it, it seemed to me that the chamber -> filter box snorkel should be horizontal. It looks vertical to me in that picture. If it came from a GS1000, or a GS1100, it's not going to be right for a GS650: the carbs and spacing are different.

Originally posted by aldoski View Post
                Awesome, I was actually able to find this.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/130634610655...84.m1439.l2648

I'm not sure what else I will need but we'll see once this comes in.

Comment

I have everything you might be missing including the mounting clips, rectifier, fuse block and igniter if you need it.
                  The boots might not be soft enough but they can be boiled in water to soften them up.
                  The only thing missing is the filter itself.

And, you would need four carb boot clamps.

Daniel

Comment

Ugh I hate myself sometimes. Thank you for noticing this for me.

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
                    Ummmmm, did you see this at the bottom?

Item: Air Box Housing

Removed from: 1980 Suzuki GS 1000 E

Description: It is missing the cover, has fading and scratches.

Condition:

Stock#: GS110X-501427

When I was looking at it, it seemed to me that the chamber -> filter box snorkel should be horizontal. It looks vertical to me in that picture. If it came from a GS1000, or a GS1100, it's not going to be right for a GS650: the carbs and spacing are different.

Comment

Mr 7981GS has what you need and more. But it looks like ignitor/ regulator mounting plate has been rotated 180 degrees- on mine, the ignitor wires face the battery box.
                      The Alpha parts fiche is wrong for this model/part.
                      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X