running on 3&4 only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running on 3&4 only

Bike was running good yesterday today not running on 1&2 got spark must be fuel Even rode it one day . Nice but not today

Originally posted by dulcimerbob View Post
    Bike was running good yesterday today not running on 1&2 got spark must be fuel Even rode it one day . Nice but not today
    Pull your plugs and see if they are wet or dry- where does vacuum line for petcock connect on this thing?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Plugs dry and clean one carb has vacuum port. I have not changed anything since the day i rode it. One thought: the idle jets were stuck when I cleaned the carbs so I ez outted them . reused them may have a problem with those.
      I'm going to order new ones and pull the carbies again. It's a fuel problem I'm convinced. Fuel is in the 1-2 bowl just not getting to the cyls . Old bikes and old men smell bad Thanks

Comment

If a bike spends a lot of time sitting on the side stand, the left side pilot jets and associated passages in the carburetor bodies tend to be the ones to gum up first. Maybe this is your problem. It could also be as easy as the fuel feed passage in the float bowls are blocked and not letting fuel into the enrichener circuit.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Cursed beast started and ran fine a few minutes ago.

Comment

Dump some Sea Foam in it and run the beast. Could have even been the floats hanging up.

Comment

Originally posted by dulcimerbob View Post
              Cursed beast started and ran fine a few minutes ago.
              That will teach you to remove that emission stuff! This does seem like a good candidate for a Seafoam cure.
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Too much choke when starting with stock coils will kill a plug easily. Just use the bare minumum to get ot started & keep it running

Comment

First thing I would do is install new plugs. With those new plugs I would check to make sure they're firing.
                  If they make good fire then I would move to the carbs. Check to see if there is fuel in the bowls.
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Did you say that you removed the pilot jets with an EZ out ? That might leave somewhat less then a perfect hole in them

Comment

Working...
                    X