No announcement yet.

Floods after valve adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought mine from Z1. They are not OEM, but they are good quality and way under $100. On mine the hose ports are oriented much more friendly than the Suzuki also, got rid of that ridiculous 3" piece of hose with the offset thats a PITA to line up when installing the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggystyle View Post
      that is great to know! i know its a temporary fix but does it alter the performance at all?
      Only if you forget to turn it off when you're done riding
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

well i opted for a new petcock. my plan is to take a trip to colorado this summer so i dont want the open chance of it failing on me even further down the road. i ordered from Z1, and it was relatively inexpensive compared to some other vendors ive seen. i got the carbs set up, needle raised one notch, 87.5 mains, new orings and the floats are all set at 26mm as my manual instructed. i got a little over zealous with the throttle shaft though and snapped a bold inside the shaft but it didnt break flush, so the piece sticking out is keeping the slide assembly in place. i shouldve just went with loctite and taken it easy on those poor old bolts! so now i have to find a way to get that broken screw out. theres only one way to get to it so i will have to drill it out somehow. do you think an easy-out would be able to pull it out?

Comment

im not sure if anyone can see that i wrote back but i'd appreciate your help if you see this. i rejetted per the tutorial 87.5 mains, and raised the needle one clip so it is now set on the second from the bottom notch. it will only run when choked. it stumbles heavily up until 5k and then it roars evenly. anyone have an idea of where to go from here? im thinking of getting 85 mains and seeing if that helps but other than that im stumped again

Comment

Working...
          X