Help Me With My Open Pipes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me With My Open Pipes!

I search for things on this forum, but I just have no clue sometimes... sorry if this is repetitive or dumb, but I was wondering about my exhaust...

Right now I have open pipes and it's a 2 to 1 exhaust, I don't know much about bikes but have been lurking the forums and Bass Cliff's site, but what I don't get is how do I know if an exhaust can fit my pipes? Are all pipes the same? Is there a site I can go to and put in my bike and find an exhaust that fits?

Thanks so much ahead of time!!

Measure the pipe and find an exhaust can to put on it, just about any after market exhaust slip-on that will fit the pipe will work. You may have to fabricate a mount but that shouldn't be to difficult. Of coarse you are going to have to rejet the carbs but that isn't all that hard either
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Check auto parts stores for a glasspack.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Stock Harley pipes are dirt cheap, and they work pretty good on the GS engines.
        I have them on my 650, it works well.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
          Measure the pipe and find an exhaust can to put on it, just about any after market exhaust slip-on that will fit the pipe will work. You may have to fabricate a mount but that shouldn't be to difficult. Of coarse you are going to have to rejet the carbs but that isn't all that hard either
          Okay see that's what I was wondering... it just slips on? Well I will measure it next time I am home, and as far as that ebay post I don't need the whole exhaust just the muffler, I will def do a little more research.

Edit: I got home and measured my pipe and it's 1 7/8" pretty much a 2" pipe, and I figured out that most mufflers just slip on the pipe with a clamp. Someone told me to go to Dime City Cycles but all their mufflers are for 1 1/2" - 1 3/4" which is lame-o! I am checking out some Harley ones now, I just don't know which ones slip on or mount or whatever the hell.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2012, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Do these look like decent contenders?

Super Trapp Slip-On

Two Brothers Slip-On

Patriot Slip-On
            Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2012, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X