Pods - I know I shouldn't but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post

If you bought your GS to work on the carbs, you got the wrong one.

You should have gotten a shafty.
    Perish the thought.
    APE also sells pods, they seem to be very similar to the K&Ns for a bit less $$. Never tried them myself, so this is at best second hand info.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
      Hey Landshark - I wasn't dissing your advice - honest! I would imagine that the 1000G and 1100G would be extremely close. How do you have yours set up? That would help hugely if you could tell me which jets and settings you used. At the very least it would be a great starting point. Thanks!
      I didnt think you were, dont worry.
      I used the stage 3 kit and just followed the instructions that came with it. So far so good.
      At the moment i have the horrible cheap pods that everyone hates, but i will be ordering K&N's in the next few weeks.
      I would suggest not using the drill bit that comes with the Dynajet kit as it broke off when i was drilling the first slide. Could be just bad luck on my part, but it seemed an average drill bit, use a good one.

Comment

Oh yes I have K+N pods. I am looking forward to setting it all up.

But after all this, I never did get an answer to my original question. Maybe nobody knows? Steve, maybe it would be difficult to work out how to modify pods to work with a stock carb set up. But it might not be if I can find someone who can measure the resistance of the airbox. My question was not really "how do I set up pods?" or "How stupid is it to want to use pods?" it was who can measure airflow.

Maybe nobody knows, or maybe nobody actually read my question.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
          Oh yes I have K+N pods. I am looking forward to setting it all up.

But after all this, I never did get an answer to my original question. Maybe nobody knows? Steve, maybe it would be difficult to work out how to modify pods to work with a stock carb set up. But it might not be if I can find someone who can measure the resistance of the airbox. My question was not really "how do I set up pods?" or "How stupid is it to want to use pods?" it was who can measure airflow.

Maybe nobody knows, or maybe nobody actually read my question.
          I believe your ? was answered in the 4th post, as to who/ or how you might be able to check the air flow, also stated by Steve that it would be extremly hard to measure airflow as the motor only sucks 1/3 of the time on each cylinder and the amount of vacuum is constantly changing with throttle opening. Save your self some hassle and just buy a Dyno jet kit and pods , install as directed and enjoy your bike.
          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Probably the only way to truly measure the flow is a flow meter (IDK the actual name) such as my head builder uses when he modifies heads. I don't know how it works, but it sounds like something that would do your task for you.

Comment

Working...
            X